Friday 29 August 2014

Yeh 'L E H' !!!

Hi there,


This post marks the completion of my Leh tour. And I am happy to share that I checked off the following few items from my riding TO-DO list:

  • A round trip from the capital city of India, Delhi2Delhi : Long Way Round
  • Visiting the beautiful valley of Kashmir on a motorcycle
  • Riding through Khardung-La, one of the world's highest motorable roads


Just like any other trips I have done earlier, this one presented it's own set of challenges, learnings and breathtaking moments. Without these ingredients, traveling on a motorcycle wouldn't be as exciting. Slowly I have come to realize, not everyone would have what it takes to fulfill such dreams. We all have set (consciously or subconsciously) our own capacities to accomplish things. Some of us willingly push these limits to see how far we can go. This trip was my attempt to push my personal limits on riding/planning/convincing-parents/preparing etc and no doubt as I completed the trip, I don't see the same limits which, I had started the journey with. The bonus of this deal is the beautiful memories I have of the journey to look back to. Some of which I was able to capture through my lens, which you can see in the daily ride posts of this trip. Hope you enjoy being part of this experience.

To make it easier to follow, I have split up the 12 days of travel into daily posts, which would have mostly the photograph of places I went through, some details on fuel, and accommodation, and then maybe some of my experience, that I could recall at this point.

Well, let's begin from the beginning when we flew (no literally!) to Delhi and that got the ball rolling.

Flight route from Bangalore to New Delhi. Looks pretty straight eh?!! That was the last time I saw a straight line on my route map.


NOTE: To view a photograph in full resolution, right-click on the picture and select "Open Link in New Tab". Try it first on the banner below.


Ride Safe & Ride Far,

Sid


PS: I shall update the posts with more details and write-ups as I find the time. Till then enjoy the photographs:)

1 comment:

Global Corporate Tour said...

Thanks for providing such valuable insights on Yeh 'L E H'. Read this article Srinagar Leh Manali Tour Package